The busy lifestyle of a “twenty-something-year-old” does not always leave much time for cooking gourmet meals. And sometimes the last thing you want to do when you get home from work is spend hours preparing dinner (am I right?) so that’s where the crock-pot comes in. Here’s one of my go-to weekday meals: 4-Ingredient Crock-Pot Chicken Tacos.
1.5 pounds chicken breasts
1 1.25 ounce packet taco seasoning
2 tablespoons chicken broth
1 16 ounce jar of your favorite salsa
1. Place chicken breasts on the bottom of the crock-pot.
2. Sprinkle taco seasoning over the chicken.
3. Pour chicken broth on top (this will prevent the chicken from getting dry).
4. Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours
5. Just before serving, use two forks to shred the chicken.
6. Serve with desired toppings. (My favorites are cheese, lettuce and avocado).